Monday, April 12, 2010

Patty B Knows Me Better Than Any Man Should


I lived with one Mr. Patty B for many years during college. It is safe to say you know someone too well when there are key words or phrases that will instigate an immediate, impromptu karaoke session.

For example, this morning I told him that I would continue making him drunk from a distance if he didn't come up to New Jersey soon.

Without any further prompting, he and I both did a quick youtube search for Bette Midler's "From a Distance." And I'm sure the song is still stuck in his head, the same way its still stuck in mine.

Blessing? Curse? I'll let you decide. The fact that we can anticipate each other's moves so precisely is both horrifying and comforting.


1 comment:

  1. my brain still bleeds from the kame-ha-me-HA! should of countered with a BLIZZAGA!

    ReplyDelete