Friday, October 22, 2010

Chilled in New Jersey

It is strait up cold in NJ. I'm being stubborn and not turned my heat on. All summer I dealt with having a hot apartment. Its just expected when you live on the second floor. So I compensated by having the ACs on almost all the time. But I guess my downstairs neighbors haven't turned their heat on yet, because I'm not benefiting from any of their heat. I'm always wearing slippers in the apartment, and I'm afraid the shorts are about to get packed away. I'm wearing jackets into all of my store calls now. I can barely afford to drive with the windows down anymore. And I started using heat in the car this week.

On the one hand, the leaves changing colors up here are beautiful. There's a tree in the back that's turned a brilliant red/orange. The skyline in New York state is wonderful, too. Greens and browns and reds. There are actually advertisements for leaf-tours where a bus drives people into this part of the state just to take pictures of the fall nature. So that's nice.

But darn it, I am chilled. When I drink tea in the morning, my glasses get fogged up from the temperature differential. Its definitely become casserole and roast season.

No comments:

Post a Comment