Saturday, June 5, 2010

Victory Brewing Company's Whirlwind Witbier


Hot dang! This beer is delicious.

Reviews on beer advocate are mostly positive, the most pretentious criticism being "almost too easy to drink." Beer snobs sometimes piss me off. "I like this beer a lot, but its almost too easy to drink." That's like saying, "This new band really speaks to me and the lyrics affect me on a personal level, but because they're popular I CANNOT enjoy them." I suppose snobbery is snobbery across the board, whether its beer or music or whatever. Irritating snobs.

The beer rocks and tastes like a delicious summer beer. I would be upset if someone tried to put some fruit in the pint I had it served in, but that's just me. Perfect for drinking while you grill, when you're done swimming at the beach, or while you're in the midst of running sales reports on a Saturday afternoon (me).

This is the kind of beer that makes me nostalgic for the days I had a porch and a grill. And it will definitely go well when college football returns. Not a "cigar beer," but not every great beer is.



To paraphrase Ricky Bobby: "Buy Whirlwind Witbier....or go fuck yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment