Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Learning to Cope With Weather in the Northeast Pt 2

NOTE: I wrote this, drunkenly, last week when I was having a rough night.

Between the time the UofL game ended and now another 4 inches of snow fell, and it looks like its not going to stop any time soon.

Stupidly, I made a cup of coffee....Irish coffee as a cocktail while the guys played Starcraft tonight. I think its keeping me up. I'm not tired at all.

So, being starkly awake and watching the snow, and wondering if I'm going to be able to drive tomorrow I had the realization that snow would make good cocktails. So I have been walking to my back steps and gathering snow, handfulls at a time, and making bourbon cocktails out of it. So far the snowy old fashioneds have been delicious.

If I'm not able to get out tomorrow, I will have lost 2 days this week to snow. And I don't know if I'll be able to get stuff done like I got stuff done today. I have almost exhausted my office work. I might do my taxes. I might just sit and watch movies/play video games all day.

I have plenty of food. Plenty of bread. Plenty of bourbon. I'm running low on milk, and I ran out cereal today, but that's ok. I have plenty of breakfast supplies. The only thing I really need milk for is more Irish coffee or if I make cookies, and I don't think I'll be doing either between now and Friday.

For what its worth, snow makes for really fun cocktails. You make a cocktail like normal, but instead of ice you use a couple handfulls of snow. The snow half-way melts and makes a better slushy that you'd ever get out of an actual slushy machine or a blender.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The next day I had this update

I lost track of how many snow bourbons I had last night. I am hung over this morning.
I'm declaring another office day.
Or maybe just a sick day.
I love my job.

I made cocktails and then dipped snowballs into the glass. The snow dissolved and made more of a slushy than anything else. It was delicious and....unfortunately...numerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment