Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Just Forgot What I Was Going To Blog About

Oh well.

Random notes:
  • I'm working on the perfect Memorial Day Weekend mix cd to share with friends, lakeside...shirtless. Holla at these nips. The actual track listing takes a long time to develop and then trim, but then sorting it out in the right order also takes a while. It is a long process that requires the utmost dedication to cosmic sonic fuzziness.
  • Land of the Lost was a much better movie than most critics gave it credit for. It was never meant to be taken seriously, or as an action comedy. Instead, if you watch it as Will Ferrell and Danny McBride dicking around for 2 hours with the back drop of a 1970's stoner camp series, it fills that role 100%. It's a movie that I hold up there with Anchorman, Talladega Nights, and The Foot Fist Way. (I also recommend Observe and Report if you haven't seen it yet).
  • Its probably too early to say, but I think I'm going to enjoy a full week of vacation time in Kentucky with friends, family, lovers, and maybe a hater or two.
  • Some new music that has me grooving something funky: Mux Mool - Skulltaste, Sleigh Bells - Treats, Dan Black - Un (thanks Dave), Broken Bells - self-titled, Gorillaz - Plastic Beach, and the new Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band album (thanks Duncan).
  • Iron Man 2 was good, and it has made me geek out on Marvel movies past (Incredible Hulk) and future (Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger).
  • Wasabi-coated-anything is delicious. Granted, I've only had wasabi peanutes and wasabi peas....but I imagine you could feed my wasabi-covered-toenails and I would inhale them.
  • Reading Kurt Vonnegut opens my mind to the weirdest dreams at night. I can't explain why. It just happens. I'm half-way through Mother Night right now, and I'm seeing the weirdest things when I sleep.
That is all.

You now return to your regularly scheduled program.

No comments:

Post a Comment