Sunday, May 23, 2010

Aint Afraid of No Ghosts. AM Afraid of the British Pound.

So, I'm an idiot.
I just blew $100 on accident.

This all started last weekend when I watched Ghostbusters 2 while I was folding my laundry. Without telling a long, drawn-out story, I got nostalgic and decided I wanted to play the Ghostbusters game on PS3. So I impulsively hopped online to buy it. That game came in on Thursday. I've been playing it like gangbusters, and last night I decided to hop online to see what kind of Ghostbusters toys were for sale on eBay.

When I was a kid, I never had the officially licensed plastic proton pack or the PKE meter. And I found them online. So just screwing around, I put in a bid for $30 for this proton pack and PKE meter that I never had as a child. Impulsively. I didn't think I'd win the auction, because there were tons of other auctions for similar pieces that were going for upwards of $100.

I just got a message telling me that I'd won the auction. SWEET!

But I hadn't bid in dollars. I had bid in British pounds.

Oh well. Kind of a pain in the ass, but nothing terrible.

But I did the math, and its almost $40. Nothing terrible, but I thought "dammit, I just lost $10."

Then I looked at the price for shipping.
For shipping to America, this thing costs me $45.

Damn it to hell!

That was my first thought.
Then I looked again.

45 POUNDS! Not dollars!
So its more like 60+ dollars for this goofy toy.
TRIPLE DOG DAMN IT TO HELL.

So, for the low, low cost of $100+, I'm getting a toy that originally cost less than $20 that my parents never thought I needed.

Now I'm thinking I'm going to strap this bad boy on and never ever take it off.

New York City never saw me and my proton pack coming.

I'm going to get at least $100 worth of fun out of this thing....


(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment