Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Obama Burger

While I was in DC, Duncan and I had lunch at a small burger restaurant run by Spike Mendelsohn, The Good Stuff Eatery. The burgers there were delicious and the placed smelled like a clean burger heaven. Not a greasy, seedy burger heaven like Genny's Diner in Louisville.

This is going to be hard to communicate, but I had a burger there that was one of the best sandwiches I've had in a long time, but it was not one of the best burgers I've had in a while. Seeing the description of the burger might make this clearer.

PREZ OBAMA BURGER
Applewood Bacon, Onion Marmalade
Roquefort Cheese and Delicious
Horseradish Mayo Sauce

I loved the taste of ObamaBurger, but it wasn't beefy. I should have checked its papers. I'm not entirely certain that it was beef. So I'm not sure it was actually a burger. The tastes of the bacon and cheese and horseradish mayo sauce....everything complimented everything else very, very well. But I'll be damned if I got a good taste of beef out of the sandwich. That's ok, but not the best "burger for burger's sake."

So here's a picture of the burger in question. Delicious? Absolutely. Burger-y? Not so much.
Photobucket

Also, here's a picture of a monkey doll that we found at a market on Saturday morning. Its weirdness really called to me. Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment