Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Replaced Kentuckian

Photobucket

Headed back to Kentucky this afternoon after a training session I'm co-leading on Long Island. I will be departing at 2 p.m. I expect to arrive in KY sometime around 1 a.m. I will be speeding violently as I once again take on the Garmin to see how severely I can beat its estimated time of arrival.

This time around I'm going to be super productive in several regards. I'm attending wedding celebrations, I'm helping my parents paint their basement, I'm going to the Louisville office to pitch in and speak to new hires, I'm doing landscaping work for the newlyweds, and I'm going to help a co-worker pack herself into boxes before becoming a Displaced Coloradan herself.

Also, in a fit of feeling artsy, I'm going to take Duncan's advice and try my hand at taking pictures of things. I have a decent camera, and I'm sure it will take better pictures than my Blackberry does, so this should be interesting.

The trip wraps up with a bachelor party. I've been good about moderating my drinks. I don't necessarily want to be the last man standing, but I definitely don't want to be the first one out (or first to barf)(or first to go out at poker).

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment