Monday, June 27, 2011

Fun Random Sprinkle Stuff

Some movie reviews:

Rio - meh.
Rango - HUZZAH!
Source Code - Whoah! (the ending made me excited for Matt Wade when he sees it)
Sucker Punch - boo hiss boo
Troll Hunter - HOLYCRAPTHATWASAWESOMELETSWATCHITAGAIN

To make them easier to understand, I'll put them on an ascending scale from Sucker Punch to Troll Hunter:
Sucker Punch
Rio
Source Code
Rango
Troll Hunter

More context?
Sucker Punch - As much as I like Zach Snyder's body of work, this entire movie was a mess. It looked really cool, and it has a Jon Hamm cameo. And lots and lots of cleavage. The story, though, did not hold my attention for long at all. Glad I didn't opt to buy this on Blu-Ray on the strength of the movie's ad campaign.

Rio - good looking Dreamworks animated movie (from the creators of Ice Age!). However, like Ice Age, the movie isn't as engaging as the movies being made over at Pixar, and this doesn't stand up well against unfair competition like the Toy Story's or Rangos of the world.

Source Code - kickass sci-fi from the director of Moon (David Bowie's son!). A lot of comparisons to Groundhog Day, but that doesn't do the mystery aspect of the movie justice. I like Jake Gyllenhaal, and I thought the story was good enough to have been written by Phillip K Dick it was that good.

Rango - holy crap. This was not just a kid's movie. Awesome visual effects, fun story, quirky characters, and more than one Hunter S Thompson reference. Can't beat that. I'm buying this one on Blu-ray for sure. A good one to have in my collection, one I look forward to sharing with people (and potentially my children some day). I actually think my dad would be able to sit down and get a kick out of this one. Pretty sure it's going to be his Christmas blu-ray.

Troll Hunter - Another one to buy on blu-ray. Fun story. Fun effects. I could have watched another 4 hours of this movie. The only thing I didn't like about this movie was that it only lasted 1.5 hours. That and the abrupt ending. But then, I don't know how it could have ended any other way. The fact that Chris Columbus' production company bought the rights to remake this, I imagine we'll see an American version, but I can't imagine it will hold a candle to this original scary/funny mockumentary.

________________________________________________________

For no good reason, here's a picture of The Rock on Splash Mountain. It makes me chuckle every time I look at it.


________________________________________________________


Animals Being Dicks is going to be one of those websites I add to my favorites and try to make a habit of checking regularly. Examine some of these fine gifs

I knew a dog like this in highschool.Jasper was a little too eager to recreate the infamous Zapruder film

Seeing animals act like humans gets old after so many linked YouTube videos.
However, seeing animals act like assholes just does not get old to me.

________________________________________________________

Speaking of asshole animals, check out this YouTube video of the nasty-ass Wisconsin mascot:


________________________________________________________

Finally, for the day, check out this other website I found: CookToBang.com


Pretty neat website with recipes for top notch dinners that dudes can put together to impress hotties. I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment