Sunday, April 25, 2010

Update

  • New and Weird Foods - ate some excellent Greek food on the upper west side Friday night. Kefi was truly excellent. By far the best calimari that I've had since Spain (so good we ordered a second plate of it). My entree was Sheep's Milk Dumplings, Tomatoes, Pine Nuts, and Spicy Lamb Sausage. I also had an Angourri cocktail (house-infused cucumber vodka, limes, and Elderflower cordial). That cocktail may not sound delicious to you, but it hit the spot. Refreshing and not so overpowering that I couldn't taste my dinner.
  • New and Weird People - not a lot of this yet.
  • Brewery Tours - I tried to tour the Captain Lawrence brewery, but there was a private party going on, so I went to a local bar and had the APA and the seasonal kolsch there. Kolsch didn't balance right on my tongue, but the APA was very well crafted. Fortunately, the brewery is not too far from my home, so I'm sure I'll head back there another time.
  • Hooker Count - I thought I saw one Friday night, but this was dismissed. Still goose eggs for the hookers.
  • Spilled Drink Count - I haven't spilled a drink since that bourbon and coke last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment